Sunday, May 2, 2010


Hi there. The last time I posted it was Friday and I was so excited the weekend was here. Well it was an absolutely gorgeous weekend. It rained on Friday night which was much needed and then rained again on Saturday night. So the weather didn't interfere with any yard work or being outside. And I don't know about you but the rain has made everything green and burst with color. Who would be interested in making a mini album with all of your pictures of your garden right now. Send me an email if you'd be interested and I'll put a class together. The weekend is over and I did have some time to make some Mother's Day cards to inspire you. First I'll show you the card I made for everyone in my club 10.
I wanted to use my Stampin'Up butterfly punch but and so I stamped the squiggly design from a retired set called "By Design" set of 4 onto acetate using a Versamark pad and then embossed the design with silver embossing powder. Next I punched the butterfly out from this design. (*tip: when punching out acetate, put a piece of typing paper on both sides of the acetate so the acetate doesn't get stuck in your punch). I also punched another butter from textured cardstock, melon mambo for the inside to show thru the window. The window is punched using the wide oval. Finally, I put a piece of brown polka dot duck tape on the other side of the card (I found this at JoAnn's) and wrapped a piece of Stampin'Up's white satin ribbon around the center.
So try it out and get creative. You could use this same technique with an acetate flower. I would love to see what you can come up with.
I made several other Mother's Day cards - enough to post one a day this week - so hopefully my schedule will permit me to do this. Check back tomorrow for another Mother's Day card idea.

No comments: