Friday, March 12, 2010

So I thought I would make a quick post to the card asked about the most. "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?" This card was cased directly out of Papercraft Magazine March/April 2010 page 66. As you can see, I blinged mine out more than they did, but everyone that knows me knows that I couldn't call a card complete without a little bling. Also, by sheer accident I wanted to put some sort of flower on the card because I had this cute "bloom" saying and so I opened up my corduroy buttons from Stampin'Up and put a red button on the card, then I thought maybe it would be prettier with an orange brad, so I put that on there and then, I put the prongs of the brad through the holes of the button and whalla (sp?). I cut a stem and punched a leaf and completed my flower. I love this little addition to the card. The other products I used is of course Making Memories adhesive glitter cardstock that I love. Unfortunately I heard that MM was not going to be making this anymore :(. I embossed black cardstock and attached that to a white card base.

I almost forgot to tell you the most important thing - the way I got the petals. These are simply rectangles (cut from Welcome To The Neighborhood SAB paper pack). They measure 2x1-1/2" and round opposite corners with a corner rounder punch. Who knew! The card base measures 6-1/4 x 4-1/2".

Take some time and play this weekend and copy this idea and put your own spin on it.

No comments: