Sunday, March 14, 2010


One more quick post today. So while I was in the mood for making St. Pat cards, I was looking thru my sticky cuts from Stampin' Up - I think all of us have ordered those at some point and they're sitting in our craft supplies and we forgot all about them. They are #114301 in the current catalog - page 180 - Sticky Cuts Sweet - $8.95.
Anyway, I was looking at stick cut hearts to create a 4 leaf clover when I came across the tree and thought - I bet that would be cute on one of Stampin'Up's little clipboards (#109191 4-1/2x 9" - $6.50 p.185). So I
covered the chipboard with a light green/blue/yellow striped background paper, sanded the edges, painted the top section by the clip in a tan, but I may change that to white paint yet, and then I stuck the tree on the cardstock. I did the tree in sections so I could see where the leaves were placed on the sticky cuts sheet. 3 of the leaves I layered twice onto white cardstock to give them some depth. I peeled all of the top layers of the leaves off and sprinkled them with certainly celery fine glitter (#108796 $13.95 p. 180). I then wanted to differentiate between the color of the leaves and the trunk so I sprinkled old olive embossing powder and embossed the trunk. I wasn't sure embossing powder would emboss on sticky tape, but it worked. Finally I used the Go Green Ala Carte stamp from the Occasions Mini (#117074 - p. 43 - $6.95).
Enjoy - I've gone on long enough. Now go play!

No comments: