Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Well we're halfway through the week and I have Valentines on my brain. Maybe because I've got my Heart Chipboard - Things I Love class coming up on Tuesday, February 9th - don't forget the deadline to sign up is this coming Friday - January 29th. I need to order everyone's materials and it takes a week for the product to come in.


The other reason may be because I have some friends at work that purchase handmade cards from me and they're asking for Valentine cards. I pulled out some cards I made last year and thought I would post a few of them here tonight. Maybe one of these will inspire you to re-create your own valentine for someone you love. With the weekend coming up, it's supposed to be really cold out and it would be a good time to whip up some cards.



So here they are. What do you think. Some of you probably remember these and maybe they're on my Picasa album already. If you leave me a comment, I'll drop a little valentine in the mail to you from me.



The first one is a very simple card using glitter die cut letters to spell out X and O and I hung a little heart from the "O" with some silver cord. Very quick and easy.


The second one is created mostly by the big red polka dot background paper. I just layered a heart glitter sticker onto white cardstock and cut it out and attached it with dimensionals. The other glitter paper on the bottom is Making Memories red adhesive glitter paper.

The third one is an oldie but a goodie. The little dotted backgrounds were made using one of Stampin'Up's retired sets.
It's a set called "By Design" in case you want to see if you have
it. And I stamped it 3 times using versamark and then used red
and black embossing powder. It gives off a really cool shimmery
look. The hearts are also from a retired set and those were
embossed and cut out and then attached using dimensionals.
This card would probably take the most time out of the 3 but it
is still a very easy card and you could cut out the embossing and
just stamp it and use a glitter pen or stickles to add shimmer to
it. So Enjoy and I'll try and post some more tomorrow night so
you have a few more ideas to ponder over the weekend.
Good night everyone and remember.....
May you always find time to play.

2 comments:

stamperwithdayjob said...

Send me an address Kelly and I'll mail you a valentine card. Thanks again for checking out my blog.

Raven said...

cute blog, and even cuter cards! tfs