Thursday, January 28, 2010

Well hi everyone. Did you see the comment Kelly made to the post I did last night??? How cool is that. Someone noticed me on the web other than my favorite handfull of followers. You faithful followers are what keep me creating. So I had to post a card I just made to keep you all interested.

I had ordered a few digital downloads for my MDS and 2 other people had asked me for something from the catalog, so I placed an order and got the free Welcome to the Neighborhood Sale-A-Bration 6x6 pack of cardstock. As soon as I opened it when I got home tonight, I couldn't wait to get in my craft room and make a valentine card. The first paper right on the top with the little houses and the tiny red pin stripe on the back, screamed to send a valentine card to all of those that I don't necessarily want to say "LOVE" to but want to know they are special to me. So here it is. What do you think?

The layers from bottom to top are: whisper white card base, baja breeze cs, pink pirouette cs and then the "Welcome to the Neighborhood background paper. I had a little piece of the top paper and so I turned it over which revealed the red and white pin stripe. I punched two 1/2" borders using the pinking hearts border punch from the new Occasions Mini, attached those to the strip and then wrapped a piece of the red satin ribbon from the Occasions around that piece and taped them down. I took a retired Happy Valentine's Day stamp and stamped that in Chocolate Chip. Finally, I went to my computer and typed in Times Roman From our Home to Yours (12pt) and printed that out on whisper white cardstock. I punched it out using the new modern label punch - and you know me, I had to have my touch of glitter, so after sponging the label in real red ink, I attached it to MM silver glitter adhesive paper using dimensionals and then stuck the silver paper down onto the ribbon. If I was only going to make one of these, I would probably use red gems, but I needed to come up with a simpler more economical solution, so I used my quickie glue pen on each end of the modern label and sprinkled some of Stampin' Up's fine red glitter and it gives it just the punch it needed. Finally I used my glitter pen and traced all of the houses and the clouds. I'm sure you can't see it in the photo, but it is a very sparkly card.

So I don't know if you've placed a $50 order through me from Stampin' Up yet to get your free paper pack, but if you haven't, call me, email me or go on my demonstrator website (using the button on the side here) and place that order. It is well worth it. Very very cute paper.

Well that's it for tonight. I'm a sucker for Project Runway and so that's about to start, so I'm going to rest up and I'll be back in that craft room tomorrow night creating all sorts of new things to inspire you and get you to use all of that "stuff".

Goodnight and may you always have time to play,

No comments: