Monday, February 9, 2009


So I've had this pink polka dot ribbon my sister gave me 2 years ago and I finally decided to break down and use it. It was the way she gave it to me, in a beautifully crafted heart shaped box with lots of little mini muffin papers inside with all kinds of embellishments in each muffin paper. Anyway, how to make this card:
I cut 3 hearts (I believe I used a size 2 or 3-you'll have to play with this) using my Cricut and the Basic George cartridge (yes it's the same heart I used in the magnet card below). Anyway, I cut 3 of them out of white cs and layered them to make my own chipboard heart. I then covered it with heat & stick powder and then poured on the glitter. I have to honestly say I don't know what company the glitter is from, it's been in my stash for awhile. Anyway, I then assembled my card using a chocolate chip base, pink pirouette on the top half and baja breeze on the lower half using Stampin' Up's scallop border punch on the bottom. I wrapped the pink ribbon around the top half and punched a hole in the heart using my crop-a-dile. I brought the ribbon up through the hole and stuck a pink checkered brad in the center to hold the ribbon in place. The heart is mounted with dimensionals. It's certainly not a difficult card to make, just a little putsy. I then rubbed an "x" stitch rub-on between the two colors. I love these rub-ons, you have to touch it or you would think I actually stitched on the card. [Thanks Chris for the cute ribbon.]

No comments: