Thursday, February 12, 2009


I don't know about you guys, but I just love chipboard and I had to have Stampin' Up's new On Board So Tweet. It's the cutest. I actually fell in love with it because of the owls, but I started working with the bird and came up with this card. I do like to cover chipboard with background paper but it was a little much with all the little pieces for this birdie so I inked the tail and the little side wing with chocolate chip and the feet and beak are inked with pumpkin pie. The card base is Whisper White - it's a larger card: folded in half it is cut at 6-1/4x4-1/2". The other cardstock layers used are apricot appeal, kiwi kiss and designer paper "Good Morning Sunshine." The eye is a clear dew drop. The saying: "it's time to celebrate" is from Stampin' Up - A Little Birdie Told Me. I hope you enjoy it and it will inspire you to make a card using up some of your chipboard. Be sure to leave a comment. I love to hear what others think about my ideas.

5 comments:

Ms. Favazza said...

very cute card - I too love the birds in the new cattie. One question - what envelope would you use for this size card?

Anonymous said...

Adorable birdie!!!

Anonymous said...

My sister and I are racing to our cardroom to make this absolutely adorable card! Cheep! Cheep!

stamperwithdayjob said...

The card size is 6-1/4 x 4-1/2" so the envelope is just slightly larger than the card - I think 6-1/2 x 4-3/4. I got a whole box of envelopes on line this size. Hope this helps.

stamperwithdayjob said...

Glad you liked the birdie card - I'm sure you'll love the owl one then. These are so fun to work with.