Monday, February 9, 2009



So here is the card I posted on Splitcoast today. This was such a fun card to make and it's a little putsy, but I think it was worth it. I first cut a card from chocolate chip CS 4-1/4x5-1/2. I then turned it upside down so it opened from the left instead of the right and cut 1-5/8" off the left hand side - only the top part of the card. I then cut two hearts (5") with my Cricut (Basic George). One was in white cardstock and the pink one was cut from Stampin'Up's Raspberry Tart cs. I then scored the white one in half and attached it to the left side of the chocolate chip card - see photo above. I cut the Raspberry Tart CS in half and attached half of it on the front and half of it on the inside. Before attaching the one inside, I placed + portion of a magnet between the layers. On the 2-1/2" strip of chocolate chip CS on the right hand side, I placed a 2-1/4x5-1/4 piece of Basic Grey cardstock placing the - (negative) portion of the magnet between the layers. When the card closes, the magnets hold the flap down. A little tip is after having the + portion of the magnet already inside the layers on the heart, I put the negative half of the magnet on the heart and of course they joined instantly. I then peeled off the piece of paper and closed the heart onto the flap and that's how I knew where to put the magnet between the brown layers. (Hope that makes sense). I then just embellished the card with a row of Heidi Swap pink rhinestones and some LOVE stickers on the outside. I stamped Happy Valentine's Day with an old Stampin' Up stamp and that's it. I did ink all edges. I hope you enjoy it and will try it for yourself.

No comments: