Sunday, November 30, 2008







So I managed to muster up some creative juice and work on a couple of Christmas card ideas. I decided to open up the tin of Accents & Elements "Season to Share" and see what I could come up with. The 2nd thing I knew I wanted to use on my card was some textured cardstock so I chose riding hood red. The only problem is I only had a 12x12 sheet of the textured cardstock, so I cut out 3 cards - 2 at 4-1/4" x 11" and then the last piece that was left was only 3-1/2" x 11". I took that and wrapped it around a 4-1/4x5-1/2" piece of kiwi kiss cardstock and that's what made my card. So about 3/4" of an inch on the bottom of the card does not open. Does that make sense? The 2nd view you see on the right is the inside of the card. I wrapped a piece of Stampin' Up's grosgrain red striped ribbon from their holiday mini catalog, all the way around the back and to the inside flap. I then had some silver snowflake stickers I had picked up and put that on the top over the ribbon. The parts of the accents & elements I used are on the very top, there is a very narrow kiwi kiss scallop border and then of course, the white oval that says A Season To Share. I added "christmas blessings" from the "Chit Chat" rub ons and a small silver snowflake with a red sticky gem to the center. Finally I added a 1/2" piece of the silver adhesive cardstock that I love so much to the bottom of the card. The last view above is just the back side so you can see how I wrapped the ribbon all the way around.

No comments: