Thursday, May 6, 2010

So here is the last post for the week to inspire you to make your mom or someone you know that's a mom a card. I apologize for the grey band across the bottom of the card. It doesn't show up like that anywhere else but right here, so I'm going to post it anyway just so you can get the idea.

Again using the butterfly punch I punched 4 vellum butterflies, then I sponged each one in a different color. Finally, I ran them through the swiss dot embossing folder. I cut a square to match each color of butterfly and then topped that with a piece of white cardstock that embossed using my scor pal - a very thin line around each square. Wrapping a piece of the blue satin ribbon (from Stampin'Up) around the card I did my little trick where I then came back and tied a piece of ribbon as a bow on the front, first attaching one of the mini circle tags that are now available in the new Occasions Mini catalog. the white dots for each of the butterflies is a white metal foam sticker that I purchased at Joann's. I'm so sorry for the photo, but hope you can get some inspiration from it.

No comments: