Tuesday, April 7, 2009


So we're making a card at our monthly meeting this week using Making Memories Animal Crackers Ric Rac Border cardstock and I had this piece left so I made this card. I have to admit that I saw this saying on a card in April's Papercrafts magazine and need to use it because I thought it was so cute. They did put strawberries on the card too, so I just adapted the whole idea so I could use this scrap of Animal Crackers cardstock. I stamped the strawberry from Stampin' Up's "Tart & Tangy" stamp set - 3 times: old olive, red stazon and chocolate chip. I embossed the red stazon with glossy glaze embossing powder and then cut the red and green apart and just the bottom of the brown strawberry off to create the chocolate. Then in Microsoft Word I typed the words "is always better with chocolate" and positioned in my word document where it would fit on my pink cardstock. You have to play around with this on scratch paper. Then using chocolate chip marker, I inked the word "life" from last year's Sale-A-Bration Set "Delight In Life" and stamped it onto my pink cardstock. I thought it turned out really cute. Let me know if you try this. It seems like a lot of puttsing around, but once you get your template for your words, you could adapt this for a lot of cards and different sayings. Let me know what you think.

No comments: