Saturday, February 28, 2009

I don't know if I have mentioned this in a prior post, but as some of you know, I have recently reorganized my craft room and I have to tell you, I have never been more productive in using all of the cool "stuff" I have. So I found these rub-on butterflies that I bought many years ago - very inexpensive and I think I got them in the paint department at Menards. Anyway, when I reorganized my stash I came across them and thought I maybe should get rid of them and then I came up with this card idea when I got a hold of the Basic Grey Ambrosia 6x6 cardstock. So I took one of the rub-on butterflies and rubbed it onto a piece of vellum. The heavier the vellum the more stable the butterfly is but I have to tell you, I rubbed one onto some flimsier vellum last night with some friends and it literally looked like the butterfly had just landed on the top of my card because of it's "whispiness" (is there such a word?). Anyway I'm sure you all have something like this in your stash because this is where rub-ons were first introduced - in the paint department for home decor. Supplies to create the card are: whisper white (card base), Going Grey, Pumpkin Pie designer paper, Basic Grey-Ambrosia black dot and strip of butterflies. The circle is a cuttlebug die and the saying (You're on my mind) is Inspired By Nature by Stampin' Up. Enjoy and I'd love to hear your comments. Sign up to "follow me" on the right hand side of my blog here, and I'll put your name in a drawing to win some blog candy this week. Check back later to find out what the blog candy is for the week. I will pick a name a week from today (Saturday, March 7th, and send an email to the winner. Thanks for looking.




No comments: