Monday, August 11, 2008

So I guess I didn't realize that blogging was all about a daily journal. But what a neat idea. Up until now, I've just been posting cards I've been making, which if you find my blog is probably what you're looking for anyway. So I decided to try to start blogging more about my life and how I come about inspiration and share my ideas with you.

What a beautiful weekend we had - it was hard to be inside at all. However, my DH had a Brewer's game he was going to on Saturday night with the guys so I couldn't wait to have a night to play in my craft room. Unfortunately we just purchased an HD TV - 40" so I also wanted to have some time to watch my kinda TV on the big screen. Know what I mean.

But I did manage to make a few cards and I finalized my nieces squash book I made for her so I could get that in the mail and surprise her. Anyway, a week or so ago, Terry and Georgette - a couple of co-workers/friends of mine, headed to Stamper's Cupboard in Mukwonago over our lunch hour. I purchased two card kits from Basic Grey - which by the way I didn't know Basic Grey had. One kit was for girl/boy baby cards using their sugar coated and archaic cardstock line. The other one is all birthday cards using their cupcake line. Since I don't have a lot of people around me having babies (I'm not sharing my age with you), I decided to take the baby card kit and incorporate my own ideas into it - mostly because both the boy and girl cards came with chipboard and they were baby related and/or dinosaur related. Gotta say I LOVE the chipboard dinosaurs. If you have boys - you've gotta get it. So as soon as I get a minute, I'll scan and post the few cards I made using the kits - so stay tuned and watch my blog for them.

Other than that - it was so gorgeous outside, we spent the whole afternoon Sunday outside playing in the yard/garden. I hope you all had a beautiful weekend. Be sure to email me with your thoughts and ideas. I'd love to hear from you.

I'd like to ask anyone out there if they're going to Scrapfest in KC? I'm going with my sister and we can't wait. We each have 3 classes we're taking on Friday and Saturday. I know it will be here before we know it.

Talk to you all tomorrow - maybe. I can see this blogging/journaling thing could consume 100% of my time - even 50% of which I don't have. Take my survey, I'd love to hear what you like to do - scrapbook or make cards?

One final note - do any of you like Stampin'Up and/or have the new catalog? If not and you like Stampin' Up you've got to get it - it's to die for. All those fabulous ideas. I need to quit my day job and do that.


Until later,
Stamperwithdayjob

No comments: